Thread: E36 M3 Sedan Daily Driver/With Family

E36 M3 Sedan Daily Driver/With Family

I really dislike long posts to start out, so I'm going to keep it short.

I'm sick of the economical smart decision. Growing up I've owned a BMW 323ci, 94 300zx, 90 ZR1 Corvette. Since then I've done the responsible daily driven vehicles. I currently lease a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT. Loaded. It's FINE. 0 balls. Comfy, has all the gadgets I need, 35mpg. But...it's...boring.

My close family friends that I grew up with always had E36 M3's so I'm very familiar. Still addicted.

I'm looking for a 1997,1998,1999 M3 Sedan. Under 115k miles. I will buy Blizzak winter tires. OEM+ is my goal.

I want a car I enjoy driving in. No lead foot driving, but the occasional spirited drive with the opportunity to go to meets and share the addiction with others like I used to. Something I actually give a shit about to buff/wax.

I have a 2 year old daughter who will be in the backseat. I've found the piece thats necessary to install in the trunk to make the seat up to date.

So... The Dad in me says get another Hyundai that has a trunk big enough to fit the golf clubs. The rest of me says, sack up and get the vehicle you want. I'm unable to afford both.

I'm concerned with the safety standards of a 17-19 year old vehicle. If the M3 after having years of existence will be able to handle daily driven midwest weather. I drive about 12,000 miles a year.

Input appreciated.
    Forum come back alive.

I just ditched an E36 M3 as my daily driver for a brand new 4Runner. I don't think I'll ever really miss the M3.